Sunday, June 19, 2016

It's all about the Witchdoctors Companions!

(Continuing on with the #OneWeekDailyBlogging event from Emy . . . )

I played some Pirate101 last night with my Witchdoctor / Privateer dream team and did pretty well! I lost some companions, but I was never personally defeated.  I’m not sure if people understand . . . a win is a win y’all . . . we have really deep companion pools, and we need to use them wisely in new content.  You may not always want to rush in with you’re A-team of companions on new content, especially instanced content where you know things get progressively harder. Expect a few companions to be defeated and you’ll be doing a lot better. Your mileage may vary, but I’m digging the strategy bump in Valencia 2 a lot. :)


Now, all that aside, I was noticing last night that my witchdoctor companions were just tearing mobs up in Valencia like pros, and I wasn’t even using Old Scratch. Granted, I was buffing Will, Crits, and Dodge/Accuracy with the amazing Witchdoctor/Privateer buff combo, but my witchdoctor companions like Carcarius and Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah did some super heavy lifting last night, and I loved it.

As for the enemies we were facing off against, there were some deadly combos involving Second Chance, Relentless, and Bladestorm. I had some unfortunate chains that a few mobs used against me, and I did indeed lose a few buddies to the wounded task. THIS IS TO BE EXPECTED! On the other hand, Kan Po loved those Second Chance epic misses . . . it just meant he’d be making more Riposte attacks. 

I also made a couple dumb mistakes . . . I got excited and forgot to check my enemies for things like Flanking and Repel Boarders and lost a companion or two to that. Always check your opponents, Tom.  Yup! NOTED! Anyway, that’s also part of why I like my Witchdoctors, they just stand in one place and throw hit after hit: Jobu’s Ruse, Mojo Echo, etc. I freaking love the jobu’s and mojo’s!


My stopping point last night was where I leveled up and gained Contessa as a new companion.  


I took some time to put some epics on her and called it a night, but I’m having so much fun with my Witchdoctor companions that I don’t even know if I’ll use her right away!

See you in Pirate101 friends!


Happy Dueling

No comments: